Friday, May 27, 2011

APRIL 2011 Independence MO

I have visited The Harry S Truman Presidential Library & Museum before, in my youth.  I remember it as large & I loved the recreation of his Oval Office.  Well, it's still large & I still love the Oval office the best. 


The day I picked, there were 2 or 3 school field trips there as well.  In fact, I was inspired to visit due to my friend Nate (@WedwayRadio), a teacher who students were visiting there.  It was a great walk, good exercize for me.  The parking is to the side of the building & still quite the walk from the marked Disabled spots. The staff, very kind. The Museum, a MUST!




Great film about Pres. Truman, about 45 mins.  Still love the recreation of his Oval offices.  Lots of exhibits that explained history that I had forgotten! An assasination attempt? Truman Soap? Jack Benny visits the Truman Library?  It was all fun, knowledgeable & grand.  I look forward to seeing more!

No comments:

Post a Comment